SIPs Labor Case Study 2
Project: Labor time estimate for installing R-Control SIP wall panels used to build the structural and insulated envelope of a 3652 square foot single story home.
R-Control SIPs: Panels were supplied from factory: Cut to length, width, and gable configuration. Door and window openings were cut. Spline and plate pockets were factory cut.
Scope of work – Walls:
- 348 lineal feet of 8 ft. high walls – installing 2X plate material in 14 factory cut openings and 9 header openings, top plate.
- Treated plywood with bottom sill plate, as in SIP-104a.
- R-Control SIP was set over sill plate, as in SIP-104a.
- Panel to panel connection was done using surface spline, as in SIP-102.
- Corner connection was done, as in SIP-103. (16 corners)
- Door, window openings field plated, as in SIP-114, SIP-115 and SIP-112c.
- 4 man crew was used to hand set panels and execute details.
Results – Walls
- 4 men spent 12 hours or 48 man hours to set 348 lineal feet of wall.
- 7.3 lineal feet of installed R-Control SIP per man hour.
- 65 square feet of installed R-Control SIP per man hour.