SIPs Labor Case Study 1
Project: Labor time estimate for setting R-Control SIP wall panels used to build the structural and insulated envelope of a 3978 square foot duplex.
R-Control SIPs: Panels were supplied from factory: Cut to length and width. Spline and plate pockets were factory cut.
Scope of work – Walls:
- 312 lineal feet of 8 ft. high walls – installing 2X plate material in factory cut openings and header openings, top plate.
- Bottom sill plate over conventional floor system, as in SIP-105.
- R-Control SIP was set over sill plate, as in SIP-105.
- Panel to panel connection was done using surface spline, as in SIP-102 and SIP-102d.
- Corner connection was done, as in SIP-103.
- Door, window openings field plated, as in SIP-114 and SIP-115.
- 4 man crew was used to hand set panels and execute details with assistance of crane.
Results – Walls
- 4 men spent 9 hours 45 minutes or 39 man hours to set 312 lineal feet of wall.
- 8 lineal feet of installed R-Control SIP per man hour.
- 64 square feet of installed R-Control SIP per man hour.