Because of its unique combination of properties Polyethylene can provide multiple impact protection to the most delicate, valuable electronic and computer components. It’s resistance to chemicals and rot make it ideal for multiple applications. It’s closed cell structure make it virtually impermeable to water and resistant to water vapor transmission. Polyethylene can be die cut and heat sealed to form around any shape or configuration. Thermal Foams Polyethylene is easily fabricated and can be used to cushion, seal and insulate.
Polyethylene foam packaging offers an outstanding combination of physical properties:
- Available in the widest range of designer colors and densities from 1.2 to 9.0 lbs. per cubic foot.
- A high degree of resiliency withstands repeated impacts with minimal loss of physical and mechanical properties.
- An excellent strength-to-weight ratio provides cushioning, immobilization and positioning for heavy items, without significant loss of thickness.
- High tensile and tear strength withstands long periods of heavy use.
- A low level of abrasion minimizes surface scratching and chafing.