Advantages of EPS Block Fill:
- Excellent thermal resistance. The installed R-value of EPS masonry block fill is higher than that of other commonly used materials. (see chart)
- EPS Block Fill generally costs 50-60% less than the commonly specified loose fill insulation’s.
- EPS Masonry Block Fill will not pick up moisture. When tested, EPS shows zero capillarity.
- Cleaner and easier to use.
- Architects accept EPS masonry fill as an alternate.
- Meets all local and model building codes when properly installed. Flame spread and smoke development ratings per Thermal Foams/U.S. Testing Co. Inc. test report #88288.
|Block Type||No Insulation||Insulated|
|6″ Lightweight||U = 0.37/R = 2.70||U = 0.18/R = 5.55|
|8″ Lightweight||U = 0.34/R = 2.94||U = 0.13/R = 7.69|
|8″ Medium||U = 0.41/R = 2.43||U = 0.25/R = 4.0|
|8″ Sand/Gravel||U = 0.52/R = 1.92||U = 0.33/R = 3.03|
|12″ Lightweight||U = 0.29/R = 3.44||U = 0.09/R = 11.11|
|12″ Sand/Gravel||U = 0.50/R = 2.70||U = 0.22/R = 4.54|
|Warning: This product is combustible and should not be exposed to fire or flame. This product should be handled and installed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.|